Tuesday, July 19, 2011

CCP Retreat Weekend- Khao Yai

"Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13

His mercy is new every morning! Praise the Lord for bringing us safely home from our retreat weekend and through the last 2 days of ministry on campus. Tonight we had are our farewell party at the church in which we had over 125 students and staff come enjoy fellowship with food, slideshows of the summer, testimonies of CCP students summers, and games. I can't tell you the many times the last couple of days i have almost had to leave the room due to sadness and tears and thoughts of leaving the staff and Thai students which we've grown so close to. 

I was sharing earlier with the team today that this summer has more implications on my life than just experiencing the things I have here in Thailand and learning the things God has shown me about my sin, ministry overseas, and his faithfulness, but I believe it has changed the course of personal ministry in my life and the direction of my life in general. Jesus was not speaking metaphorically or symbolically when he tell us to 'lose our life for the sake of the gospel' and to 'lay down our lives for others'. This is what he created us for, to reflect Christ, to be a broken servant to all with humility and love that only come from the spirit through his word and prayer. We, as Christians, are called to deny all worldly passions and fleshly desires, not just some here and there, but every aspect of life should be given to dying to ourselves daily for others sake, for the gospels sake. 

Of course, this is not easy, nor will it ever be easy, but the joy will be ever-lasting and we trust in the fact that our Lord and savior Jesus Christ is the only one who satisfies and provides us with the only true comfort in this world. Life is war, every day, because sin never sleeps and nor should our soul ever be contempt with things of this world. I could go on for pages on what the Lord has taught me this summer about giving my entire life away to Christ, but I just wanted to share with you a small picture of what the Lord has shown me this summer.  

NOW, below are some sweet photos of our retreat to Khao Yai, elephant riding, hospital, and a slideshow of our entire team this summer. Enjoy. 



Kings palace some 100's of year ago


Greenery Resort





Oh the 30 hour hospital time

Team, I love you and thank God for you daily for your prayers and support. God's grace has been evident in using you in my life this summer and in the life of the students God has brought me to. I leave tomorrow morning. I know I will be torn and will probably cry like a baby at the airport saying goodbye to the men and students I have came to grow with and love. God has been so faithful to answer your prayer requests and well beyond anything that I could ask for.

Pray for safe travels. We leave tomorrow from Khon Kaen @ 2:30 and travel to Bankok to Russia to Texas to Birmingham= 50 or so hours worth. Sounds like a lot, but hopefully it will fly by like on the way to Thailand. 

PLEASE CLICK on the ads below to help raise support for my ministry leader Nai who continues faithfully to serve daily among an unreached people group, giving his life away for the sake of the gospel. All you have to do it click. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment